Terms and Conditions
Carphin House hopes you have a fantastic stay and endeavours to always act fairly and responsibly with its guests.
Below are Terms and Conditions for Weddings.
For guests staying with us on an Exclusive Use basis please note that we take a £1000 good housekeeping deposit, which is fully repayable once the house and grounds have been checked for any damage or theft.
Please note this has never happened yet, but we have to take it into account! Any large expenses will be removed from the GHD, but for minor breakages or spillages we would not charge.
We regret that we do not allow fireworks due to the proximity of nearby cattle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WEDDINGS ON ACCEPTANCE
1. We will now hold your wedding date provisionally for 1 week. In order to secure your date and to allow us to make appropriate arrangements, we would ask for a deposit of 25%, which will be deducted from the final account. Any cancellation will forfeit the deposit. Cancellation within 16 weeks will incur 50% of the estimated bill as a cancellation fee; Cancellation within 6 weeks will incur 100% of the estimated bill as a cancellation fee. Receipt of deposit will be taken as your agreement to our terms and conditions of booking as detailed here.
2. Approximately twelve weeks prior to the wedding we would love to discuss final arrangements with you and finalise any extras that you may want. This will also allow us to contact the relevant suppliers. As you have chosen to have Ruth as your Wedding Coordinator, we will be in touch throughout the lead up to your wedding to discuss plans and arrangements.
3. At the 6 week stage we would ask for your final numbers and a table plan. .
4. Please note that all prices quoted will remain constant once the deposit is paid, subject to any variation in the V.A.T. rate.
5. We strongly recommend taking out wedding insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances such as illness or inability to attend, as all deposits are non-refundable.
6. We do not ask for any corkage for the Wedding Breakfast and you are entitled to bring in your own drinks for this period, free of charge. We will then run the bar after the meal, where we would require your own drinks to be removed in order to protect our license. We can also have the bar open and available throughout the day should anyone want to use it.
7. We regret that we do not allow fireworks due to the proximity of nearby cattle.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO REGISTER WITH CUPAR REGISTRARS OFFICE